[off-topic] Reboot will fix everything

Paul Dean paul at thecave.ws
Thu Mar 15 09:35:31 WST 2012

Mmmm, Reboot sure is a temporary fix for and inherent bigger problem the Windows OS has, lack of continued stability.

To really fix the windows "issue" in a few easy steps...

1. Download Linux distro of your choice.(I pref Debian...)
2. Burn to CD/DVD/USB, make sure it's boot able.
3. Backup/Copy critical data.(eg DNS ADS Trees, User accounts, SID/RID, etc)
4. Boot and install "windows viral eliminator".(Your linux distro)
5. Install Samba/OpenLDAP/Bind9.
6. End users none the wiser.
7. Long term stability and reliability achieved.

PS This is a real solution I've done many a time, while a little more config is required, the long term results far out weigh the grey/bald heads syndrome that windows gives.

PPS Just some fun fellas.... ;-)

--

Thanks

Paul Dean.

"Life is not WHAT you make it, it's WHO you have in it..."