[off-topic] Reboot will fix everything

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Thu Mar 15 20:18:32 WST 2012

Hahaa, it was only a matter of time before someone mentioned that, and as much as I agree with lack of stability, and the idea behind steps 1 to 6, considering the investments my employer has made with Microsoft and how regularly we get visits from Microsoft Australia regional managers, I think we're staying closed source for a long time to come!

With that in mind I find it funny to regularly hear "ah look, [service/app/front end platform] has [crashed/broken/stopped] again", my usual question is "why do we still use it if keeps breaking" to which the usual reply is "hey, we just work here, it's what we got and it aint changing anytime soon. You wanna do something about it, good luck sunshine".

I'm sure Microsoft's typical argument is their good ol' stance on TCO, well considering how much staff time is invested to put out fires that are caused by glitches in their software I think I can safely say "that myth is BUSTED!!".

Anyway, I'm gunna shut up now before my this email turns into a real rant :P