[off-topic] The thrill has gone ....

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 12:51:49 UTC 2014

On 02/03/14 13:55, Jim Householder wrote:
> Me too...  I've slowed significantly.  I recently switched from Gentoo
> to Kubuntu, no longer willing to put up with Gentoo's update problems. I
> still build my own versions of stuff from time to time, but not so much
> now.

Me too, in my own way. I might have felt 'ashamed' to be preferring the
'beginner-friendly' distro Mint, but now I don't care because I just
like the way it works (after starting with Linux many distros and 15
years ago).

> How do I reply to an email and have it appear as part of the thread?  If
> I click Thunderbird's Reply button, it only wants the reply to go to the
> individual that posted the message being replied to, not the list.

Well, in my thunderbird, when in the message view window (not a preview
window) there are buttons for reply, reply to list (or all), etc, etc.
Do you not have those with your setup?

--
Gavin Chester