[off-topic] google censorship?

Gavin Chester gavin.chester at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 02:17:28 UTC 2015

On 21/08/15 10:17, Leon Wright wrote:
> Gavin,
>
> What's your Gmail inbox type set to?
>
> https://support.google.com/mail/answer/186534?hl=en
>
> Personally I don't them messing with how I view my mail, so I use a
> combination of filters + multiple inboxes labs plugin.
>
> It's likely you were moved over to 'important first', which your client
> won't know about and just download everything.
>
> Leon

Thanks to Leon for helping me discover that a "feature" had been turned
on or added without my interaction to accept it. This was the tabbed
inbox, whereby gmail was deciding different categories for my email and
displaying them in different tabs. I just wanted no tabs with all email
unsorted, but google in its omnipotent power had decided that I needed
something "better" than that! I don't use the gmail interface often
enough to have bothered spotting this before.

Gavin