[plug] Crashed linux box

The Thought Assassin assassin at sleepless.south.networx.net.au
Sat Aug 1 09:22:39 WST 1998

On Sat, 1 Aug 1998, John Summerfield wrote:
> On Fri, 31 Jul 1998, Damion Hill wrote:
> > The problem I'm still having with Apache is when I choose to dl a
> > file using http transfer, unless I hold the shift key while clicking the
> > link it display's the files contents. The previous config of Apache I
> > was running served the file up nicely. Where do I look to solve this
> > problem?
> User error.
Not necessarily. Netscape's algorithm for deciding whether to display or
save the file is probably influenced by the data sent to it by apache to
indicate the file's Content Type. If apache has stopped reporting this, it
may affect the browser. How to configure the webserver to send correct
content-type information is left as an excercise to the reader...
It will almost certainly be on www.apache.org in the FAQ or the general
docs.

-Greg