[plug] Vexing faximg

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Mon Aug 3 14:25:09 WST 1998

On Sun, 2 Aug 1998, John Summerfield wrote:

> After many adventures I have achieved this:

I've progressed.
I have also installed efax. I seem to have successfully sent a couple of
axes with it driving the Banksia Wave Sp 33k6.

According to efax, the Banksia modem is not capable of either class 2 or
class 2.0 operation. Class 1 seemed okay though.

However, mgetty+sendfax does not support class 1 modems: I wouldn't have
bought it either had I known: seems it's practically a winmodem. I gather
that most of the u-beaut features mentioned on the box are provided by the
software running on the host.

I'm going to insoect all the rest of the fax software I can see out there,
but the current solution seems likely to be to merge efax and sendfax:
replace faxrunq with a script to parse the JOB file and run efax.

like my sig!!