[plug] Pop Mail

skribe skribe at caliban.amber.com.au
Tue Aug 4 17:29:04 WST 1998

Okay, I give in.  What's the secret to getting pop mail working?

My wife uses mac to collect her mail off my linux box.  Under
slackware there was no problems.  She simply had her mailer connect to
her account and her mail was downloaded.  Virtually straight out of the
box.  Since changing the linux box to Red Hat, however, she keeps getting
network stream errors and I can't work out why.  Networking to and from
her machine is up and working fine. The only thing that's not working is
email.  It's not a password problem.  I don't think its a newtwork
problem.  Sendmail is configured and working fine (she has email in her
account she just can't get it to her machine).  What have I
missed/forgotten?  Any suggestions?

skribe