[plug] Pop Mail

skribe skribe at caliban.amber.com.au
Wed Aug 5 09:49:16 WST 1998

> On Wed, 5 Aug 1998, Tony Clark wrote:
>
> > Install the imap rpm...it alos contails pop

Yep, that fixed it.  Thanx.  One can never presume with redhat that the
installer will actually install what you asked it to. *sigh*

> Perhaps it doesn't matter so much with dialup accounts, but I'd want to be
> sure all the security holes I've heard exist have been fixed first.

You've heard?

> I use fetchmail to get mail from several accounts then cucipop to serve it
> out locally.
>
> Cucipop is (or was when I was their customer) good enough for iinet.

Is this a pop server?  The mail is on my machine.  My wife is using a mac
to retrieve and read it.

Thankyou to everyone that replied.  The problem was caused by the lack of
popserver which is something I should have checked for but didn't because
I just presumed it had been installed.

skribe