[plug] Re: Noise!

skribe skribe at amber.com.au
Thu Aug 6 13:48:53 WST 1998

On 06-Aug-98 Matt Kemner wrote:
> Not to me.  I'm quite happy with the level of discussion on this list..
> Sure, it is very noisy, and signal to noise is very low, but I like the
> informality of this list.

Hear hear.

> replying to, and checking to see if someone else has already answered the
> question you're replying to, with the same info you're about to supply, so
> we don't get duplicate identical answers.

Some of this may be caused by server lag.  A few times I've responded to mail
only to find a minute or two after I hit the send button I receive a reply from
someone else saying the same thing I just said.

> I don't have the time to be on IRC all day, much as I'd love to be, but I

The signal to noise ratio on irc is even worse and the noise level on PLUG is
mild compared to some mailing lists.