[plug] How to cleanup the mailing list in one easy step.

Hill, Damion Damion.Hill at health.wa.gov.au
Fri Aug 7 16:03:05 WST 1998

From: John Summerfield [mailto:summer at os2.ami.com.au]
Sent: Friday, August 07, 1998 3:29 PM
On Fri, 7 Aug 1998, David Campbell wrote:

> Answer:
> =========
> Make sure the reply-to field does not point to the mailing list.

which means the rest of us can't benefit from usefull advice such as "how
to turn screen blanking on to that it turns off," something at least two
of us learned by accident.

Some of us learn many things from the 'noise' on this list. I like wading
through all of the stuff because there is much for a newbie to learn. Screen
blanking, apache configuration, samba setups... I've got a box at work that
is running very smoothyl doing some wonderful things that would be trivial
for an old hand but bring a sense of pride to someone who used to be a
victim of the M$ machine. Guess why my box is running smoothly... Yup,
because I asked 'noisy' questions and read 'noisy' answers on this list.

Damion.