[plug] Yes, there is a meeting:)

The Thought Assassin assassin at citynet.net.au
Tue Aug 11 16:14:08 WST 1998

Just got a phone call asking whether I knew if there was going to be a meeting
tonight, given the lack of formal announcement in the list.
So this might have to do as an announcement.
Unless Digital tell me otherwise, I'm going to go to the 1st floor of their
building on the cnr. of Havelock and Wellington in West Perth, probably
parking somewhere along Havelock. I am going to enter on the opposite side of
the building from Wellington street, via the stairs from Havelock, and then
follow the signs up the lift to the "Demo Room", and begin setting up computer
equipment at about 7, which will be a machine with a copy of the prerelease
demo of WordPerfect 8 for Linux on it, with a network card, crossover
(hubless) twisted pair cable, and a coax cable.
At roughly 7:30 I will begin demonstrating the basic of the Gnu Image
Manipulation Program, an Open-Source graphics generation and manipulation
program for Linux. The talk will hopefully provide the necessary grounding
for next month's talk on scripting and automating image processing with the
GIMP.
After the talk, there will be the usual cofee and chat session, etc. etc.

Well, that's the announcement, see you all tonight,

-Greg Mildenhall