[plug] PLUG the PLUG

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Tue Dec 1 11:25:04 WST 1998

Hey ho...

The Quakefest (and xpilot-fest, IRC gabble and whatever) this coming
sunday is looking good. I'll be ferrying Djinn/Peter there,
Revenant/Steve has promised to be there, and others have expressed
interest. I've stuck a few signs up around UWA and places advertising
it, and plan to have a RH 5.2 CD in hand to install for the curious on
the day.

I think it would be good to set up a local IRC server and link it to the
Web so those not present can be present, kind of, and an FTP server to
hand out whatever freeware is available. If you bring along FTP-able
stuff on you HDD or CD, I can put up an FTP server for it on one of my
machines.

Also, some nice gents in the USA sent me a few Linux T-shirts (size very
large) and a RH 5.1 pack (CD _and_ frisbee) for making helpful
suggestions; if anyone else wants to wear a Linux T-shirt on the day and
don't have one of their own, I'll bring a couple.

I should have a brand new 16MB Banshee EvilQueen video card to try out
(on a WinChip 240 processor, sigh), and I'll bring my old P-75 if I can,
in case anybody forgets their machine. (-:

--
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion, it is by the beans
of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shaking, the