[plug] NFS problem

Christian again at global.net.au
Thu Dec 3 08:59:04 WST 1998

On Wed, 2 Dec 1998, John Summerfield wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Dec 1998, Greg Mildenhall wrote:
>
> One thing you don't understand, Greg, is how little computers like me. I
> alone managed to bring down an early release of MVS (an IBM mainframe OS)
> using quite innocuous TSO commands.

I'm not going to comment on computers not liking you. ;-)

> Linux documentation sucks though.

This might just be me but I've found Linux documentation to be quite good.
There are plenty of exceptions of course but, since we're generalising,
I'd say Linux documentation is probably one of the best I've come across.
Even in printed manuals for other operating systems (not mentioning any
names here) aren't as good as the home-made docs for Linux.  Probably a
consequence of the fact that the docs are written by the people who use
them.

Just my $0.02.

Christian.