[plug] Perth Based install fest

Colin 't Hart hart at cygnus.uwa.edu.au
Mon Dec 7 21:52:05 WST 1998

"Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima" wrote:

> Will the be a fee to cover any costs involved ???
> Will it be all day, half day ??
> Will someone be taking orders for cd's ???

According to a document I saw some where on how to make your LUG
the biggest in the world :-) you need to give CDs away free --
this will require commercial backing.

I think we should have a completely free install fest where the people
only need to bring a PC and they get to take it home with Linux
installed on it, and a CD so that they can redo it if absolutely
necessary, or to install more software.

Does any one see any way in which we could get the backing to pay for
the CDs and venue?

Chris, does UWA have any empty labs at this time of year?

Cheers,

Colin