[plug] [OffTopic] Video/Keyboard/Mouse switch boxes

Peter Robinson ribbo at iinet.net.au
Wed Dec 9 15:03:30 WST 1998

On Wed, 9 Dec 1998, David Campbell wrote:

David,

There are two types you  can get, the Active ones, and the not so active
ones, The active ones are better as they use buttons rather that switches
and also simulate the mouse etc. I've seen them for around $600 and are
also better for high res video. The non active ones are cheaper but don't
simulate the mouse etc, and you tend to get sync problems with video (like
lines across the screen etc. You can get the Non Active ones from a
computer place on main street (85 I think, but can't remember its name)
and they're around $70 for four machines + the cost of calbes. The active
ones can be sourced from a place in Sydney (I can get the name if you
want) and are around $600 + around $70 for the cables for 4 machines
(still cheaper than 4 Monitors, Mice and Keyboards)

Peter

> Applogies for not being a direct Linux question...
>
> Does anyone know where in town I can find a switch box that can handle
> video/mouse/keyboard (PS/2 for mouse & keyboard)?
>
> I have a bench full of heavy monitors which is causing the 20mm table top to
> bow quite significantly.

| Windows has detected that the mouse has moved, please reboot for |
| this change to take effect                                       |
Peter Robinson
ribbo at iinet.net.au
http://www.iinet.net.au/~ribbo/