[plug] D'OH : (Reply-to Munging)

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Thu Dec 10 14:16:50 WST 1998

On Thu, 10 Dec 1998, Gary Allpike wrote:

> My mailer asks me if I want to use the reply-to or the from address when I
> reply.

So does mine, and I haven't sent a private email to a list, yet.
I still believe munging the reply-to address is a bad idea.
Not everyone uses pine though. (or other decent email software) and most
only have the option of "reply to author" or "reply to everyone"
and if they click "reply to author" it really goes to everyone anyway.
My mailer (and yours) also asks if you want to reply to just the author or
to everyone.

 - Matt