[plug] Official Kernel.org mirror

David Campbell campbell at torque.net
Thu Dec 17 10:00:46 WST 1998

Date sent:      	Thu, 17 Dec 1998 07:50:49 +0800 (WST)
From:           	Gavin Tweedie <tweedie at nw.com.au>
To:             	plug at linux.org.au
Subject:        	[plug] Official Kernel.org mirror
Send reply to:  	plug at linux.org.au

> >From an article on slashdot.org recently it appeard that kernel.org are
> looking for _official_ mirrors to be served by a roud-robin dns or alike.
>
> Would linux.org.au consider becoming an official mirror?

I don't think being in the main ring is such a good idea. It would be fine for
sites in the US, access from anywhere in the US to anywhere else in the US is
fairly consistent.

Perhaps I am a little suspicious of the main sub-sea links from my old uni days
(limited bandwidth, probability of failure, etc...). Perhaps look at it another
way, would you want a German site in the ring? How many people have had
problems connecting to Star Products (Star Office).

David Campbell
campbell at torque.net

Check http://www.torque.net/parport for all Linux parallel port solutions.

Current project list:
a) Madly fixing up web pages....
b) Maintain Linux ZIP drivers (need to update docs)
c) Create Linux chipset specific parport drivers

Any assistance to clearing this list most welcome