[plug] LINUX OUTPACES WINDOWS NT

Chris Cornish linuxcw at yahoo.com.au
Fri Dec 18 19:04:03 WST 1998

---"Buddrige, David" <David.Buddrige at mitswa.com.au> wrote:

> Got this in my morning email-news....
>
> LINUX OUTPACES WINDOWS NT
>
> 	  		Another study from IDC says the open source
> system Linux has grown 212% in the past year, outpacing Windows NT and
> Unix. In the past year, Linux grew from 7% to 17% percent of server
> operating system shipments. IDC said this was due to performance and
> cost - and anti-Microsoft feeling. Linux was created by Linus Torvalds
> in 1991 while a student in Finland. IDC says Windows NT growth, which
> has been 80^% a year, is slowing to 20-30%.
>
> regards
>
> Dave...

 Dave ,

You find these figures suprising becouse we all new it would start to
happen becouse everyone knows how much Windows NT just sux S!#t and
now they see books like Samba intergrating Unix and Windows and the
see it is compatibale with there old software and they get intrested
and fing out it's capibilitys and with such recent wide spread media
coverage peopple are stating to loose thier "toy O/S" and get a real
one.

Chris Cornish
Linux Computer World
0416 369 180