[plug] Voting form repost (with slight addenda)

Leon Brooks leonb at ami.com.au
Sun Jul 5 09:41:31 WST 1998

Leon Brooks wrote:

Here's the voting form again, in case anyone missed it. Note that option
3 has been expanded, following updated info from our CompSci host.

What do you want to do with 4th-Monday meetings?

1. [ ] Keep it on Monday but move it to the Computer Club   <-- my vote!

2. [ ] Keep it Monday but move it to ___________________________

3i. [ ] Keep it at CompSci but move it to Tuesdays

3ii. [ ] Keep it at CompSci but move it to Wednesdays

3iii. [ ] Keep it at CompSci but move it to Thursdays

4. [ ] Abandon it altogether

If you voted for keeping it anywhere/anywhen...

A. [ ] Keep it as normally a presentation

B. [ ] Make it normally a bazaar/clinic/freeforall format

C. [ ] Other: ___________________________

Points for the UCC: space; food/drink onsite (including networked drinks
machine with Jolt); en-passant membership from the club; history at
hand; network, spares and other facilites at hand.

Points against the UCC: disabled access is hopeless; lacking
professional polish; 11PM curfew.

Points for CompSci: more respectable, whole computing lab potentially
available, OHPs etc at hand.

Points against CompSci: everyone originally voted for Monday or Tuesday,
respectively, for a reason.

Points for presentation format: more organised; everyone learns
something; it's more professional.

Points for bazaar/fooforaw format: actual problems get solved on spot;
more people contribute; DEC (sorry, Compaq) already provide the other
format; it's more "linux style."

*** VOTING CLOSES FRIDAY 10TH JULY AT NOON ***