[plug] Dumb questino on networking

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Thu Jul 9 08:34:41 WST 1998

Aren't we both saying the same thing here?  I didn't point out that
192.168. is the "public LAN" range, but the fact remains that the LAN IP
addresses have to be mapped to internet addresses in this scenario which
is why masq or proxy is required, whereas in my case the router only
needs to determine what to pass through.

Have I missed your point or did I not put mine clearly enough?

Cheers,

K.