[plug] PLUG meeting on Tuesday 14th July [REVISED]

The Thought Assassin assassin at sleepless.south.networx.net.au
Thu Jul 9 09:21:39 WST 1998

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Leon Brooks wrote:
> The illustrious Mr David Campbell, a genuine Linux Kernel Developer,
> will be illustrating device drivers.

We got a live one!!
Quick, hide him before anyone sees......
  :)

Seriously, thanks David, I was getting a little worried.
Looks like the next meeting at UWA will be "bazaar-format", so that gives
me a month, and you two months, I suppose.

A thought I had: we can prolly round up dozens of nodes from the citizens
of UCC and maybe CS. A cluster on any sort of scale would likely have to
be done at CS, I was surprised to hear we could fit enough people, let
alone computers in the UCC room. Did everyone fit OK? What kind of turn
out was there? Is it viable as a long-term meeting-place?
Hey, does this count as the first vote for CS? It prolly doesn't count
because i wasn't at the UCC meet. I imagine it must have gone realy well.

-Greg