[plug] Does anyone know how to change bulk filenames...

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Mon Jul 13 11:33:08 WST 1998

On Mon, 13 Jul 1998, Shackleton, Kevin wrote:

> You shoulda been on the SLUG mailing list y've just covered this with a
> variety of arcane solutions, PERL seemed to be the favoured way to go.

PERL is good, but for something as simple as this, overkill.  You will
find most of the time if perl is used for this purpose, it uses the sed
syntax (which perl borrowed from sed)

> I regret I haven't saved any of the mails about it.  You could try a
> mail direct to one of the more busy SLUGgers, try

Or you could be a good netizen and check the archives first before posting
:)

http://tacyon.spectrum.com.au/mail/slug/

 - Matt

P.S. is anyone archiving the plug list anywhere?
If nobody else is/or is planning to I'm happy to volunteer to do so.