[plug] Printer Driver

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Wed Jul 15 15:14:59 WST 1998

On Wed, 15 Jul 1998, Les Sharpe wrote:

> Does anyone have or know where I might get a printer driver for a Canon BJC-210SP which might enable me to get colour output when using Linux please?

Les,
Linux doesnt have printer drivers in that sense.
Take a look at the the printing howto - you need to know
how ghostscript fits in.
  Then see if your printer will emulate any of those supported by
ghostscript (e.g. bjc600). If not look for a patch, or write one.
It might actually be easy to modify an existing driver, if you
have the printer spec's.

This becomes a ghostscript question, not at all linux-specific,
...um, but i cant see a ghostscript newsgroup on my server.
Try the docs for sources of drivers.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.