[plug] Disaster

Brett Manners bmanners at tartarus.uwa.edu.au
Thu Jul 16 11:00:01 WST 1998

I remember having a similar problem a while back. I deleted a partition
using OS/2's fdisk and linux wouldn't boot. What had happen is that
my linux partition had moved from /dev/hda6 to /dev/hda5 (the partition
numbers all slid down one). To correct it,I think I boot linux with
a boot disk and changed LILO or something similar, I'm not sure what,
to point to the /dev/hda5 instead of /dev/hda6.

I also found that if you create partitions without using OS/2's fdisk
(ie dos fdisk or linux fdisk), then OS/2's fdisk wouldn't work.
(that is with OS/2 v3.0, I don't know about v4.0)

Cheers
Brett Manners
bmanners at tartarus.uwa.edu.au