[plug] Crashed linux box

Damion Hill dhill at wantree.com.au
Thu Jul 30 19:27:39 WST 1998

Hi all,

Just thought I'd pop a note in to say I have managed to crash Linux. I
don't know if this is a huge feat or not but I did it!!

First off, I tried to save from my Win95 to the Linux and got the disk
fiull message. Hmmm, shouldn't be. Telnet in, df and sure enuff 100%
capacity used on the partition.

Console had reports that CRON couldn't write to log file so I went
investigating and found a file called mars_new.log  that was very large.
When I tried to view it I got a swap write error and and then the HD went
wild and now I can't load the interpreter.

I'm still having fun and it isn't crashing like Win95 when you try to open
an access dbase! :)

Oh, doesn anyone know what would create the mars_nwe.log file?

Cheers!

---
Damion Hill
dhill at wantree.com.au