[plug] Query about Apache

Damion Hill dhill at wantree.com.au
Thu Jul 30 23:46:02 WST 1998

> > > First thing I would check is the permissions...
> > I've sort of been keeping an eye on this. I create the public_html
> > folder as the user, not as root and write the index.html file as the
> > user too. This works fine for the version of Apache on RH4.2.
> > Got me well stumped it has.
> What are the persmissions for "others?"

After much further ado, I sat down with a copy of the httpd.conf
from both versions and appear to have it set. I changed the user
directory permissions as suggested but also found a section in the
conf file that appeared to close off access users directories.
Working just lurverly now. Thanks!!!

Damion Hill
dhill at wantree.com.au

Life is sexually transmitted.