plug How much RAM do u need to set up a samba server?

Matthew Murray matthewm at aone.com.au
Fri Jun 5 11:54:55 WST 1998

I am running Linux Slackware - Kernel 2.0.34 on a 486 dx33 along with Samba,
SNMP, SMTP 8.9.0, MYSQL, ORACLE, APACHE, IPFWADM with only 16MB RAM with a
ethernet based hookup to the net.  Load on the machine hits around 0.5 max.
In terms of testing you should be able to configure both samba and SMTP no
probs on a 8MB machine, my LINUX gateway at home is only a little old 386DX
33 8MB RAM, hey it runs :)

- Matthew Murray

Matthew Murray
OzEmail Access1