plug Setting up linux with ISDN

Leon Brooks leonb at ami.com.au
Sun Jun 7 10:32:51 WST 1998

David Buddrige wrote:
> we currently have a linux proxy server running SQUID, which is serving
> our office of 30 pc's with internet services... currently, it has a
> permanent 56kbps modem connection to the internet, however, it looks
> like we'll be getting an isdn connection fairly soon... can anyone point
> me in the right direction for a how-to on setting up linux with isdn
> cards, etc?

If the office is in the CBD it might be worth-while considering a fatter
link to somewhere like WAIX.

BTW, have you ever looked (probably in /var/log/messages) at the actual
carrier speed that your 56K modem connects at? Try adding \V1 to your
modem init string, maybe. If so, what's the highest carrier speed you've
ever got?