plug Western Power and Linux

GuruBonz at TheOffice.Net GuruBonz at TheOffice.Net
Tue Jun 9 08:27:59 WST 1998

> From:          "Paul Wilson" <hooker at opera.iinet.net.au>
> To:            <plug at linux.org.au>
> Subject:       Re: plug Western Power and Linux
> Date:          Mon, 8 Jun 1998 22:00:09 +0800

> Thanks for using NetForward!
> http://www.netforward.com
> v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v
>
> A UPS is the idael solution, I agree. However, it isn't particularly cheap
> - I've been quoted in the order of $800 for one that would support the
> machine for 10-15 minutes. That would cover me against the kind of
> interruptions that I've had here, I suppose that I have to decide how
> important it is.
>
> What make of UPS do you use? Did you get the UPS software from the Linux
> archive?
>
> Paul

hmm why so exe??
just get a bottom of the line ups that does support upsd and leave
the not so important devices off it like printers/monitors, etc
my one was a very basic unit which doesnt support upsd but has
protected me faithfully for a year through all the brownouts, etc.
My system has been through power blackouts before and never lost
anything which is more than can be said for macrocrap loosedows 82
gb