plug RedHat 5.1

The Thought Assassin assassin at sleepless.south.networx.net.au
Wed Jun 10 18:12:24 WST 1998

On Wed, 10 Jun 1998, chris mcdonald wrote:
> There should be no need for a special projector at UWA if you consider
> the one/room I used for my last PLUG presentation satisfactory (we now
> know that it's a "Sony SF100" monitor, so we can pre- set it up before
> the show).
Really, a projector is a useful thing for just about any talk or tute or
demo relating to Linux. do they mind us using it very much?

> If wanted, I'll need a week's notice to book the room (as it's not in the
> CS building).
Well, we should definitely be able to give that much notice, it depends on
David Campbell's whereabouts on the day, which he is meant to know about
by thursday, IIRC.

The other alternatives look like either:
Someone is going to offer to do a talk on the GIMP.

                                 or:
>     The other idea is that we can have a semi-formal trouble-shooting session,
>     where people bring in their problems and we see if we can fix everyones
>     hassles. From memory, there are lots of powerpoints around at UWA, so
>     perhaps better suited to there....chris?
> Yep, we've just had the 'lectric put on and can probably find a room/lab
> with some big benches too.  It's now out of teaching/semester time (until
> July 13th) so there's fewer restrictions on what I can russle up.

In which case it would be a good idea to make use of that by doing such a
troubleshoot, if David is unable to be with us.
It _might_ even be a good idea to do this regardless, assuming we can push
back David's talk (and maybe others) by a fortnight or so.
Spose we'll leave it up to David? i.e. does he particularly want to do his
talk (and is able to :) this month.
When can you let us know?

-Greg Mildenhall