[plug] ZIP/JAZ/SPARQ drives

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Wed Jun 17 10:43:13 WST 1998

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, John Summerfield wrote:

> I've had home computers back to Z-80-based systems (Tricky Dick Business
> System-80, Osborne 1 among them).

I've still got an old Osborne 1 somewhere :) They were cool little
machines.. Unfortunately the gfx driver on mine died (or at least I
suspect that's what happened) so I haven't used it much lately

> None has had the fan drawing air into the cabinet. The nearest I've seen
> was a machine built by Mica (in Canberra) that had no fan at all.

All the servers at work (including my personal computer) are in old Nimrod
486 super-tower cases because they have an extra fan on the front (as well
as a BIG power supply and lots of drive bays) and they always keep icy
cool... They even keep the Quantum Atlas II drives cool, and they run
pretty hot! :)

(these cases have labels on them telling you what used to be in them when
some company used them for their servers.. 486sx33 with 16MB RAM and a
whopping 80MB HDD :) far cry from what's in them now....)

 - Matt