[plug] vid card

Peter Caffin no#uce!thanks_synic at omen.com.au
Tue Jun 16 21:49:28 WST 1998

Michael Holland wrote:

> On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Peter Caffin wrote:
>
> > Well, I'm currently using an S3 Trio64+ which is capable of 16bpp at
> > 1024x768.. Only problem is: yes, it displays at that, but, the icons
> > disappear.
>
> Icons disappear?? Sounds like a line from one of those humourous
> "support desk" articles.

Sad, innit ;). I'll eventually look into it properly. I wouldn't be
surprised if it was just a natty feature of olvwm I need to tweak.

> Try the 'vertical size' knob on your monitor :)

Nope. Not that sort of problem. The text appears at the bottom of the
icon (with the background space where the icon picture ought to appear),
but, with program-dependent exceptions, the actual picture doesn't.

Another problem (fixed by dropping back to 8bpp) is with xcpustate
displaying everything as black (normally, of course, you've got the
hash-style shading and black and white).

In the end, 16bpp isn't really a high priority for me right now. So, I
just leave it at 8bpp.

 _oo__ |_|_ |__  _ |  |  _ |_|_' _    synic at omen |
/           PO Box 869, Hillarys WA 6923, AUSTRALIA |