[plug] vid card

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Jun 18 11:07:25 WST 1998

On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Peter Caffin wrote:

> Sad, innit ;). I'll eventually look into it properly. I wouldn't be
> surprised if it was just a natty feature of olvwm I need to tweak.

OpenLook is so passé - like 5 years.  Get with it!

> > Try the 'vertical size' knob on your monitor :)
>
> Nope. Not that sort of problem. The text appears at the bottom of the

Damn. would have made a good story to tell.

> icon (with the background space where the icon picture ought to appear),
> but, with program-dependent exceptions, the actual picture doesn't.

hmm... sounds like an Xpm problem?

> Another problem (fixed by dropping back to 8bpp) is with xcpustate
> displaying everything as black (normally, of course, you've got the
> hash-style shading and black and white).

That program doesnt even respond to a 'close' request. And its ugly.

> In the end, 16bpp isn't really a high priority for me right now. So, I
> just leave it at 8bpp.

At least you can run xfishtank then.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't
pick your friend's nose.

PGP ID 8B3D0765. FP: 30 07 BF 6C 9B 45 E8 C8  EA 30 4F 01 DC A2 91 88