plug RedHat 5.1

John Summerfield summer at emu.my.ami.com.au
Thu May 28 07:22:55 WST 1998

On Thu, 28 May 1998, David Campbell wrote:

> > > I recommend that you download from a mirror as the redhat.com site is
> > > dead..
> > > Australian mirrors include:
> > >    sunsite.anu.edu.au /pub/linux/distributions/redhat/
> > >    www.unimelb.edu.au /pub/unix/linux/redhat
> > >    ftp.cse.unsw.edu.au /pub/linux/redhat
> > >    dopey.gist.net.au /pub/linux/redhat
> >
> > I can probably find the diskspace for it... let us know when there's a
> > local copy.
>
> If someone can find me a mirror program which has a limit on the amount of
> data it will download in a single session (decent link at the office -
> just don't want to do 500+MB in a single evening, 200MB over a couple of
> days would be reasonable).
>
> Currently I have a stack of blank CD-Rs and could cut a few copies for
> around $5 each ($3.50 for the disk, $1.50 for my time).

Get a list of files, use ncftp to get specified files each night. Divide
the list into 3-4 blocks.
Or simply let it run for a time, say two hours, then kill it. Run thus:
ncftp -CR
it's restartable (skips files completed, resumes incomplete downloads).

You might as well get the updates directory daily as well.