[plug] sendmail as a pop server.

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Tue Nov 3 16:34:35 WST 1998

On Tue, 3 Nov 1998, Paul Wilson wrote:

> > From: Gary Allpike <spice at linux.spice.net.au>
> >
> > Just remember,
> >
> > sendmail is NOT a POP server.
> Sendmail does indeed send mail. It can send to other servers (as you
> rightly said), but also to a client.
>
> Or were you trying to say something different?

I think Gary was responding to the paragraph in David's original email
that said:

"However, I am unsure what would be the best software  to use... I know
 you would use sendmail for setting up a pop server, however I don't know
 what software you would use to set up a newsgroup..."

Perhaps Gary could have been a little more clear by only quoting the part
of the email he was responding to, rather than the whole lot. :)

 - Matt