[plug] wierd virtual domain problem -- solved, sort of

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Sat Nov 7 18:21:22 WST 1998

On Thu, 29 Oct 1998, Peter Caffin wrote:

> ]Note: When you specify an IP address in a NameVirtualHost directive
> ]then requests to that IP address will only ever be served by matching
> ]<VirtualHost>s. The "main server" will never be served from the
> ]specified IP address.
>
> Therefore, the "main server" must be of a different IP address to the IP
> address used to serve all of the virtual domains.

That seems very odd to me, but anyway one way to fix it (perhaps an ugly
fix, but that's in the eye of the beholder) is to run your "main" server
as a virtual host. :)

(You could accomplish this by having a "fake" server on a 192.168.*
address listed as your "main" server, and then putting your "main" server
as a virtualhost directive)

It could work :)

 - Matt