[plug] wierd virtual domain problem -- solved, sort of

Peter Caffin pc at it.net.au
Thu Nov 12 23:00:42 WST 1998

Matt Kemner wrote:
>That seems very odd to me, but anyway one way to fix it (perhaps an
>ugly fix, but that's in the eye of the beholder) is to run your "main"
>server as a virtual host. :)
>
>(You could accomplish this by having a "fake" server on a 192.168.*
>address listed as your "main" server, and then putting your "main"
>server as a virtualhost directive)

That ended up doing the trick, after all that. Horribly kludgy and yuck,
but, it works after a fashion, even allowing cgi-bin stuff. The
important settings I ended up using were:

ServerName localhost
UseCanonicalName off
NameVirtualHost 203.8.116.41

>It could work :)

Ta for the suggestion :). It was one which I really really didn't want
to have to try, but, in the end, it's saved me a pain in the butt
uninstalling 1.3.0 and reinstalling an older Apache.

 _oo__ |_|_ |__  _ |  |  _ |_|_' _  pc at it dot net dot a u |
/                    PO Box 869, Hillarys WA 6923, AUSTRALIA |