[plug] Tuesday Venue Options

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.smileys.net
Mon Nov 9 14:19:19 WST 1998

Our suggested venues so far:

Original:
> > I suggest we hold our brouhaha at Fast Eddy's, since it is close and the
> > redirection is easy. Any better ideas? Or even other ideas?

Matt Kemner:
> If you're all interested, Global Warriors have agreed to let us use their
> building for holding the meeting.. (They've got a huge warehouse-sized
> room, fully wired up with ethernet and plenty of tables & chairs)
>
> Only problem is they're in Balcatta, so not exactly central.

Mike Holland:
>    The Blue Note is close.

...and within an easy stagger of the train station...

named/Tony BT:
> Well ... I have a room here .... thats available.
>
> Here beign Canning College Computing Centre (VERY close to Curtin, to give you
> a rough idea)
>
> There is a map of the area at http://www.canningcollege.wa.edu.au/ccmap.html

More info will arrive, I'm sure, but to start with:

I vote for (but it's not an easy choice)...

    [_] Fast Eddy's      (close to DEC, central, public, no net)
    [X] Global Warriors  (private, big venue, net, good for northern
suburbs)
    [_] Blue Note        (semi-private, close, central, might be bad for
e.g. younger members, no net)
    [_] Curtin           (private, net, drinks, maybe OHP or whatever,
good for southern suburbs)

...please fill in yours and R)eply!

--
"At Fluke we spend about five times as much per Microsoft seat as for
Unix seat