[plug] IRC server software

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Wed Nov 11 11:03:50 WST 1998

On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:

> So I had the idea of setting up an irc server, that my friends and I could
> chat on.  I've hunted arround on the net and only managed to turn up one
> program "(ircd)" it is kinda old the time stamp on the file is 16/09/1996
> ... So I was wondering if anyone can recomend some software

Debian includes the undernet irc server - I imagine RedHat would too.  If
not, you can grab the Debian source package from your local debian mirror,
(in the /hamm/source/net directory)
or grab the original source from ftp://ftp.undernet.org/pub/irc/servers/
(or install the debian package with alien, but YMMV :))

 - Matt