[plug] HP48G (was Interference)

Matt Kemner zombie at networx.net.au
Wed Nov 25 16:35:45 WST 1998

On Wed, 25 Nov 1998, Tony Clark wrote:

> While this has little to do with linux, personally I find it an interesting
> subject.  To keep it on topic, has anyone got an HP48G emulator to run on
> linux  :)

I haven't tried it myself, since I don't own a HP48G, and as such don't
have access to a ROM, but there is a Debian package
"math/x48_0.4-4.deb" that claims to be what you are after:

 x48 emulates the HP48 calculator's hardware, and runs an original
 ROM from your calculator in an X window. You need an original HP48
 calculator to dump its ROM.

There is also "hp48cc" which is a "C-like compiler that translates the
input code into the HP48 RPN language" for those that are interested.

 - Matt