[plug] Interference

Buddrige, David David.Buddrige at mitswa.com.au
Wed Nov 25 16:46:52 WST 1998

I don't know if one exists or not, but usually I find you can noramally
find out, by going to either a search engine like www.hotbot.com or
alternately http://x13.dejanews.com/home_ps.shtml and searching for
keywords like "linux HP48G emulator"... it's rare I find to not find
*something*...  hang on... *just doing web-search*............

got this from a site: http://www.engr.uvic.ca/~aschoorl/faq/48faq-2.html

2.11 Are there any HP48 Emulators?

A fully functional HP48 emulator by Eddie Dost called "x48" is
available. It runs in X-Windows on any Unix based
operating system like Linux or Solaris. However, it requires a ROM dump
of an HP48 to run. Of course, due to
copyright laws such a ROM dump cannot be distributed with the x48
package.

Therefore, you must be the proud owner of an HP48 (S/SX or G/GX) in
order to create your own ROM dump. The
emulator will look and act either like a S/SX or a G/GX, depending on
what type of ROM dump you give it. Further
instructions are contained in the x48 package itself. The latest version
of x48 is available at
ftp://ftp.cis.com/pub/hp48g/uploads/x48-040.zip

There is also a freeware emulator for Windows called Emu48. It is
written by Sebastien Carlier, and runs under either
Windows 95 or NT. It offers many exciting features, including fast
speed, saving of memory, direct loading of files onto
the stack, a greatly customizable interface, and support for ports
through 33. It supports both S/SX and G/GX ROM
dumps, and comes with a "RomDump Wizard" to help you create one.

The binaries and full C++ source code, distributed under the GNU Public
License, as well as more information, are
available at http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/5948/

An emulator for the HP38, based on Emu48 has also been created. It is
available at
http://www.epita.fr/~avenar_j/hp/38.html

There is also an HP48 S/SX/G/GX Emulator for Amiga computers called
Alcuin. See
http://www.cis.tu-graz.ac.at/home/schupfer/Alcuin/index.html for more
information.

regards