[plug] NFS problem

Greg Mildenhall greg at networx.net.au
Sun Nov 29 17:07:16 WST 1998

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, John Summerfield wrote:
> I've just been looking back further in my logs. It started on Nov 15: my
> log goes back to Mar.
> On Nov 15 I was stuffing round with kernel sources & built kernel 2.1.126
> which I removed next day as my system froze.
There's a possibility... did you configure or deconfigure knfsd by any
chance? That might affect the userspace mountd.
Or perhaps you upgraded something that was required by the new kernel?
(i.e. in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes)
Perhaps the best idea is to upgrade everything to the newest version, so
that you know they are in sync, then see if the problem still persists.
Of course, everyone should upgrade to 2.1.131 when it comes out anyway,
because it will be faster than a speeding turkey.

-Greg