[plug] NFS problem

John Summerfield summer at os2.ami.com.au
Sun Nov 29 21:30:34 WST 1998

On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, Greg Mildenhall wrote:

> On Sun, 29 Nov 1998, John Summerfield wrote:
> > I've just been looking back further in my logs. It started on Nov 15: my
> > log goes back to Mar.
> > On Nov 15 I was stuffing round with kernel sources & built kernel 2.1.126
> > which I removed next day as my system froze.
> There's a possibility... did you configure or deconfigure knfsd by any

What's knfsd?
Probably not.
[summer at possum summer]$ locate knfsd
[summer at possum summer]$

> chance? That might affect the userspace mountd.
> Or perhaps you upgraded something that was required by the new kernel?
> (i.e. in /usr/src/linux/Documentation/Changes)

I'm at the level of everything required by kernel '126.

> Perhaps the best idea is to upgrade everything to the newest version, so
> that you know they are in sync, then see if the problem still persists.
> Of course, everyone should upgrade to 2.1.131 when it comes out anyway,
> because it will be faster than a speeding turkey.

I have patches here to upgrade to '130 (and probably for 2.0.36 as well).
My efforts with 2.1 kernels have not been encouraging.

Cheers
John Summerfield