[plug] linux driver for SiS 5598

jon kitchin jon at barney.webace.com.au
Sat Oct 3 21:51:57 WST 1998

well I tried out 24bpp and 32bpp as well
the 24bpp has a color screen but the buttons bring up the
start menu only
32bpp is not run with this chip was the screen msg
so maybe the 686MX PR233 chip is only usable in 8bpp
or the ASUS SP97-V board can only run in 8bpp
or maybe the new SiS driver XFCom_SiS is only 8bpp
it was only released on 24 August last month

cheers
jon
jon at barney.webace.com.au