[plug] Oracle 8 for linux

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Oct 8 15:26:38 WST 1998

On Thu, 8 Oct 1998, Greg Raftery wrote:

> Whoa! Just went to the ftp site before reading Peter's message. Too damn big
> to get off the Uni network and chuck it on a Zip disk :( Maybe I could get
> it, unzip/untar it and then rezip it to fit on a couple? I would be willing

Try "tar cvMf /dev/zip really_big_file.tgz"
The -M option allows multiple volumes. Much easier.

Mike Holland <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>            Perth, Australia.

Of the sparkling wines, the most famous is "Perth Pink".  This is a
bottle with a message in, and the message is BEWARE!.  This is not a
wine for drinking -- this is a wine for laying down and avoiding.