[plug] Trying to get RH 5.1 XWindows to work with Diamond Stealth II S220

Leon Brooks leon at smileys.net
Fri Oct 9 09:02:14 WST 1998

David Buddrige wrote:
> so I am suggesting to him that he use Redhat's netcfg tool to connect up
> ppp, since it is a very easy product to use - rather than messing around
> with text files and so on....

The text files are not beyond understanding... please comment on the
destructions at http://users.smileys.net/Smileys-HOWTO-dial-unix.html
and perhaps email me the "simpler" netcfg instructions when you get his
X working, so I can include those and increase the universal fund of
knowledge. (-:

It surprises me that even the SVGA server wouldn't work. Have you tried
the "noaccel" etc? Does it balk, send the screen into a tizzy or simply
stop silently? In the last two cases, have you tried redirecting XFree's
startup spiel ( 2>mylogfilename ) and looking for clues? Have you tried
using the (shudder) MONO server?