[plug] Oracle 8 - _how_ big??

Hill, Damion Damion.Hill at health.wa.gov.au
Fri Oct 9 09:48:46 WST 1998

I'm not able to install it at present as I don't have enough RAM yet but the
documentation says you need 600Mb + whatever size you DB will be. RAM needs
48Mb minimum, kernal 2.0.34 and GNU C Lib 2.0.7 (althought there is another
note somewhere to say 2.0.6 will be OK.

I've only got 32Mb at present and not enough disk space so can't tell you
what real figures will be, I have to rely on the docs.

Kevin Shakleton has expressed an interest in getting a copy of the CD but I
don't have access to a CD-R. Anyone in PLUG who would be happy to burn this
for him and anyone else who wants it?

Cheers