[plug] SCSI Card problems

Shackleton, Kevin kshackleton at agric.wa.gov.au
Fri Oct 9 11:40:07 WST 1998

Sounds like the card's stuffed doesn't it.  I suppose it does work under
Windows?  I use a real 1542.  I don't suppose the card's CMOS settings
are the problem?  You know - on the 1542 you type a Ctrl-A and go
through a list of stuff.

BTW, I ran a prog a while ago (hdtrans?) that told me I was getting only
1 MB/sec with the 1542 (in a P75) with a new drive.  This was a fair bit
less than IDE, but the card won't work if you try to crank up over 5
MB/sec raw rate.  So you couldn't say SCSI is a bargain speed-wise.

K.