[plug] ftp install of redhat 5.0

Leon Brooks leon at smileys.net
Wed Oct 14 07:39:13 WST 1998

John Breen wrote:
> I want to do an ftp install of redhat 5.0 but it won't use my network
> card.  It's a genius GE2000III ethernet card which is based on the
> Realtek RTL8019 chipset.

Being 8019-based, there's a good chance it'll emulate an NE-2000. If it
has jumpers, set them for IO=0x300, IRQ=10, NOT-PLUG-AND-PLAY and see
how you go with the NE-2000 driver. Some of those cards have a DOS
utility which will set these addresses in the card's firmware. Even if
you can't configure it, try the NE-2000 driver anyway; you may get
lucky.