[plug] ftp install of redhat 5.0

John Breen wombat at mad.scientist.com
Wed Oct 14 11:28:23 WST 1998

I actually more or less did that, after a long e-mail discussion with a
RH user down here (my ISP) who's got the same card.  Turns out there was
something at 0x250 conflicting with the card, so I moved it up to
0x260-7f and it goes OK now.

I did a jumperless config under DOS then jumpered the card to the
settings so it worked.

Now to get my windows 95-based ftp server to talk to the linux box
properly.  And to see about getting RH 5.1

Someone mentioned something about a SMB install, which would be good, do
you know anything about that?

Oh, what a tangled web we weave... :)

Thanks for your input.

Cheers,